Ensuring that people living with cancer have the tools they need to manage their experience with the disease is central to everything we do and every decision we make. The Sarah Cannon Fund, established and administered by PearlPoint, is an integral part of what we offer to patients and the larger community. Its purpose is to facilitate the conceptualization, development and implementation of innovative services for those affected by cancer, with a special focus on promoting the awareness of and education around clinical trials.
Sarah Cannon is working with PearlPoint to achieve the following outcomes:
- Confidence in the cancer journey
- Real answers to real questions for adults facing cancer
- A trusted and compassionate resource in cancer care
- Innovation in initiating and delivering valued response to client need
- Comprehensive one-on-one guidance that considers each individual’s unique cancer experience
- Ensuring the client’s consideration of all advanced treatment options through education and increased clinical trial awareness
The Sarah Cannon Fund supports the efforts and activities of PearlPoint, an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded to honor the spirit of comedienne Minnie Pearl, the stage name of Sarah Cannon who became a passionate supporter in the fight against cancer after she was successfully treated for breast cancer. PearlPoint is a direct services agency that provides cancer support and guidance, free of charge and regardless of treatment facility, to adults impacted by cancer across the country. To learn more about PearlPoint mission and web-based client support system, visit www.pearlpoint.org. For more information on contributing to the Sarah Cannon Fund, visit www.sarahcannonfund.org.