At least 50% of all cancer patients will receive radiation therapy at some stage during their course of treatment. Sarah Cannon is one of the largest providers of radiation oncology services in the United States, and our facilities include more than 45 radiation oncology treatment centers.
Sarah’s centers feature the most advanced radiation technology available, including :
- More than 65 linear accelerators that boast multiple capabilities including image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and stereotactic radiosurgery/stereotactic body radiation therapy (SRS/SBRT)
- 9 locations with CyberKnife, a robotic radiosurgery system used to treat both benign and malignant tumors
- 9 locations with GammaKnife, stereotactic radiosurgery for tumors in the brain and body
- Our physicians also utilize intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT), a radiation treatment administered during surgery. This method is designed to allow direct radiation to the targeted site, while sparing healthy surrounding tissue.
Although important, our experts know that no individual technology or initiative creates a superior radiation oncology program. Sarah Cannon has defined 5 key components to its programs across the network, which promote best standards of care:
- Quality Processes that address gaps and ensure optimal care standards
- Operational Excellence with a focus on quality and coordination of care
- Innovative Practices based upon the latest research findings
- Radiation Oncology Experts who possess the right skills and competencies
- Customized Technology that support quality, safety and improved outcomes