A cancer diagnosis can be confusing, but you don’t have to handle it alone. Sarah Cannon’s help line, askSARAH, lets you speak with a nurse about your cancer-related questions. Whether you want to learn about treatment options or where to find care close to home, askSARAH can connect you directly to a specially-trained nurse who can help.
askSARAH Help Line FAQs
What number do I use to call askSARAH?
Call askSARAH at (844) 482-4812 to speak to a nurse who is specially-trained to help with your cancer questions.
What happens when I call askSARAH?
When you call askSARAH, you will speak to a nurse who can answer your cancer-related questions and help you connect with the appropriate resources based upon your inquiries.
When can I call askSARAH?
Our askSARAH phone line is available 24/7.
What if I have general cancer questions?
You may have general questions about cancer prevention, nutrition, screening and symptoms, such as, “What should I do or eat to prevent cancer? Could I have symptoms of breast cancer? I have a family history of cancer, should I get genetic testing?” askSARAH nurses can help to address your questions, connect you to resources in your area and even help you obtain an appointment with a specialist, should you need one.
What if I have questions specific to a cancer diagnosis?
askSARAH nurses can help you with questions related to cancer diagnosis, treatment, clinical trials, and survivorship, such as, “What does my diagnosis mean? Is the cancer common or rare? What does ‘Stage II’ mean? What are my treatment options? What should I eat while receiving treatment? Could I be eligible for a clinical trial? Are there support groups near me?” An askSARAH nurse can help answer such questions and also offer to connect you to a care team member, such as a nurse navigator, who can help you understand your diagnosis and next steps.
What if I can’t speak on the phone right now? Can I still get help?
Yes, you can live chat with askSARAH – askSARAH is now one click away! On a desktop computer, click "Chat with askSARAH" in the bottom right of the page. On a mobile device, click the menu button in the top left corner to view live chat.
Does it cost me anything to call askSARAH?
askSARAH is a toll free number that can be dialed from landlines with no charge to the person placing the call. There is no charge from Sarah Cannon to call and speak to one of our nurses.
General Sarah Cannon FAQs
I would like to make a donation. Where can I find more information?
For questions regarding donations to Sarah Cannon, please visit “How to Donate”.
I am in a Sarah Cannon clinical trial. Who can I reach out to for questions?
If you are currently a patient in a clinical trial hosted by Sarah Cannon or a partnering site, please contact your trial administrator and your clinic for more information.
Will Sarah Cannon take my insurance?
a. For more information about medical coverage offered by your insurance company, please call the phone number on the back of your insurance card to speak with someone about coverage for medical services at the Sarah Cannon facility of your choice. See list of facilities below for more details about Sarah Cannon locations.
b. For more information around insurance accepted by Sarah Cannon physicians at our facilities, please visit the physician profile on our partnering website. Follow these steps below.
- Select your preferred Hospital Network from the list below.
- Use the Find A Doctor physician directory link for that facility, select "Search by Specialty" and select the appropriate specialty for your care to see a list of physicians. Select the physician name to visit the physician’s profile page.
- Refer to the physician profile to know what insurance they accept.
- Here are links to our Sarah Cannon facilities within HCA.
- Austin – Cancer Care at St. David’s HealthCare| Find A Doctor
- Dallas/Ft. Worth – Cancer Care at Medical City HealthCare | Find a Doctor
- Denver – Cancer Care at HealthONE | Find a Doctor
- Kansas City – Cancer Care at HCA Midwest Health | Find a Doctor
- London – Cancer Care at Sarah Cannon Research Institute UK
- Nashville – Cancer Care at TriStar Health | Find a Doctor
- North Florida – Cancer Care at HCA North Florida | Find a Doctor
- Richmond – Cancer Care at HCA Virginia | Find a Doctor
- San Antonio – Cancer Care at Methodist Healthcare | Find a Doctor