How WeÕre Fighting Cancer Together
Sarah Cannon Cancer Network, the global enterprise of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), is providing physician-led and patient-centric care close to home for hundreds of thousands of patients Ð a number unmatched by any single cancer care center.
Sarah Cannon Cancer Network facts and figures:
- Seventy-five Sarah Cannon hospitals are accredited by the American College of SurgeonÕs Commission on Cancer (CoC). The CoC recognizes cancer care programs for their commitment to high-quality, multidisciplinary, patient-centered care. We also have 35 breast centers accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a consortium of national, professional organizations dedicated to improving the quality of care and monitoring of patient outcomes.
- Sarah Cannon is one of the largest providers of radiation oncology services in the United States. Our network includes more than 45 radiation oncology treatment centers.
- We have invested in over 200 nurse navigators , who specialize in cancer, to support patients as they go through the many stages of living with cancer. We have implemented technology systems that help manage all of the relevant details of a patientÕs care, including appointment management, reminders, surgical consults, eliminating barriers to care, patient interactions and everything in between.
- With over 900 blood and marrow transplants per year, Sarah Cannon is one of the leading providers in the world.
Sarah Cannon Research Institute, the research arm of the Sarah Cannon Cancer Network, has been actively advancing science through clinical research for over 20 years. Sarah Cannon Research Institute has a network of over 1,000 physician partners across the United States and United Kingdom providing access to clinicals trials closer to home for our patients.
Sarah Cannon Research Institute facts and figures:
- We have been the clinical trial leader for more than 80% of approved cancer therapies over the last three years.
- We conduct over 500 clinical trials per year across the United States and United Kingdom, with over 2,000 trial participants. It is our belief that through research and clinical trials we can discover new therapies and drugs to produce better patient outcomes. Learn more about how we conduct clinical trials .
- Sarah Cannon Research Institutate has conducted over 150 first-in-human clinical trials.