Our radiation oncology team includes:
- Radiation oncologists
- Radiation oncologists treat cancer using high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells or
- shrink tumors. Your radiation oncologist will consult you on your treatment options, collaborate with your medical team to establish a plan of care, and lead the treatment planning and delivery of your radiation treatments.
- Medical physicists
- Medical physicists are responsible for the calibration and quality assurance testing of all imaging, computing, and radiation delivery devices in the clinic. Medical physicists also collaborate closely with the radiation oncologist and medical dosimetrist to develop radiation treatment plans for cancer patients, and ensure that they are delivered properly.
- Medical dosimetrists
- Medical dosimetrists work closely with radiation oncologists and medical physicists to plan radiation treatments.
- Radiation therapists
- Radiation therapists are primarily responsible for administering radiation treatments according to the treatment plan.
- Nurse navigators
- Oncology nurses
- Support staff
- Social workers
These individuals work together as a team to provide each patient with the highest quality radiation oncology treatment offered and supports you through every step of your cancer journey.