- What is askSARAH Online Chat?
The cancer journey can be overwhelming and we understand that sometimes you need quick answers. askSARAH Online Chat is a way to connect with an askSARAH nurse to get your cancer-related questions answered in real-time online. You can access the live chat on your desktop, tablet or mobile device during the hours of 9am to 5pm Central Time, Monday through Friday.
- Who am I speaking with through askSARAH Online Chat?
All of our askSARAH nurses answering the online chat are licensed in your current area. We ask for your zip code in order to match you with the appropriate askSARAH nurse. They all serve on the Sarah Cannon and the HCA Healthcare customer service team.
- When is the askSARAH Online Chat available?
Currently askSARAH Online Chat is available during the office hours of 9am to 5pm Central Time, Monday through Friday. You may speak to a nurse 24/7 by calling the askSARAH phone line at (844) 482-4812. If you wish to contact askSARAH outside of those hours, please use our askSARAH Online Form and our representative will follow up with you within 48 hours.
- I was disconnected with a nurse? Will he or she follow up with me?
In the case that you are disconnected and had previously offered your contact information, please join a new askSARAH online chat and we will do our best to reconnect you; however, we may not be able to connect you to the same askSARAH chat nurse.
- Can askSARAH nurses help with an emergency?
If your questions are regarding a medical emergency, please call 911 and/or visit your healthcare provider as soon as possible.
- Are there any limitations with askSARAH Online Chat?
Because askSARAH nurses cannot see or hear you in the askSARAH Online Chat, they may be limited in services or suggestions that they can offer through the askSARAH Online Chat versus over the phone. If this is the case for you, please call one of our askSARAH nurses available 24/7 at (844) 482-4812.
- I would like to make a donation. Where can I find more information?
For questions regarding donations to Sarah Cannon, please visit “How to Donate”.
- I am in a Sarah Cannon clinical trial. Who can I reach out to for questions?
If you are currently a patient in a clinical trial hosted by Sarah Cannon or a partnering site, please contact your trial administrator and your clinic for more information.
- Will Sarah Cannon take my insurance?
a. For more information about medical coverage offered by your insurance company, please call the phone number on the back of your insurance card to speak with someone about coverage for medical services at the Sarah Cannon facility of your choice. See list of facilities below for more details about Sarah Cannon locations.
b. For more information around insurance accepted by Sarah Cannon physicians at our facilities, please visit the physician profile on our partnering website. Follow these steps below.
- Select your preferred Hospital Network from the list below.
- Use the Find A Doctor physician directory link for that facility, click “Search by Specialty” and click the appropriate specialty for your care to see a list of physicians. Click the physician name to visit the physician’s profile page.
- Refer to the physician profile to know what insurance they accept.
- Here are links to our Sarah Cannon facilities within HCA.
- Austin – Cancer Care at St. David’s HealthCare| Find A Doctor
- Dallas/Ft. Worth – Cancer Care at Medical City HealthCare | Find a Doctor
- Denver – Cancer Care at HealthONE | Find a Doctor
- Kansas City – Cancer Care at HCA Midwest Health | Find a Doctor
- London – Cancer Care at Sarah Cannon Research Institute UK
- Nashville – Cancer Care at TriStar Health | Find a Doctor
- North Florida – Cancer Care at HCA North Florida | Find a Doctor
- Richmond – Cancer Care at HCA Virginia | Find a Doctor
- San Antonio – Cancer Care at Methodist Healthcare | Find a Doctor
- What does “[UNABLE TO RECEIVE LINKS]” mean in the Live Chat?
When you attempt to include a website’s link in your Live Chat submission, the error message [UNABLE TO RECEIVE LINKS] replaces the URL. For security reasons, Sarah Cannon and askSARAH are unable to receive links to any websites in the online Live Chat. However, askSARAH Nurses are able to send information and resources as website links to you through Live Chat. These links are for informational purposes.
Online Chat Terms & Conditions
- In Online Chat, we provide an opportunity for you to download a transcript of our chat discussion for your convenience by clicking "Save Chat". Please note that Sarah Cannon is not responsible for any unauthorized access to the information contained in this document.
- Nurses cannot see nor hear you through online chat, thus may have limited offerings available to you.
- You must be 18 or older in order to engage in online chat.